Observe Reality to Test if the Bible is True
The Bible speaks of the World around us and speaks Truth
See also What is Truth?
1. Defining Truth
First, let’s try and define truth. Take for instance the Copernican Principle. This essentially states:
The Earth, and the life it sustains exists without purpose in the Universe
This appears to state an absolute truth – something that is always valid, everywhere. We might also see it as an objective truth – a truth that does not depend on a human being or on humanity no matter what man believes. But is the statement really true? How can we test if it’s true? Indeed, does ‘absolute truth’ even exist (Plato believed it does)? Before we look at how we can test the truth of a statement, let us see what different worldviews say about truth:
- Christianity: There exists universal objective truth i.e. that applies for all people, everywhere, at all times. This is sometimes also referred to as absolute truth and it can be seen in the teachings of Jesus Christ (who claims to be the source of truth). Today, such truth is revealed by the “Spirit of truth” – the Holy Spirit. Christianity also teaches that the Bible is inspired by God and so is also ‘true’.
- Islam: God Himself has been mentioned in the Holy Qur’an as “The Truth”, the Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (God bless him!) as the “Bearer of Truth”, the Qur’an itself as “the Truth”, and the abode of the righteous after death as the “Seat of Truth”. Islamic philosophy also claims that “conformity with reality is sidq (veracity, truth)”. Islam accepts that some Bible text contains truth.
- New Age, Hinduism: The very idea of truth as a substantial and meaningful concept has come under attack from advocates of New Age theories. New Agers see truth as something which can’t be stated in words, but which may be only experienced in the mind and the emotions. Truth is personal, beyond rational description and thought, an experience of unity with ‘the oneness’ of the universe.
- Atheism: Atheism is characterised by an absence of belief in the existence of gods. So they do not look to Christianity for truth. Rather, atheists tend to define truth as reflecting reality in the world. Like scientists, atheists use evidence to find truth. They demand proof, or at least reasonable evidence, and simply reject whatever does not meet the basic requirements of common sense.
- Postmodernism: Postmodernists tend to find the vague spirituality of New Ager’s more appealing than the materialism of atheism. They say the world is a complex and uncertain place, so reality is not fixed and determined and there are no boundaries. Postmodernists celebrate this seemingly meaningless view of the world and for now they just need to know what works. So all truth is relative to an individual’s worldview, and there is no final truth. In other words, there is no such thing as universal objective truth. A reasoning behind this claim is that it is not possible to know any true thought since all thoughts are language based and all language is contingent (subjective and lacks independence).
- The Majority: Many do not claim any specific worldview, but they will probably hold to at least one of the following viewpoints on truth:
- Scepticism: – no one knows or can know what is true
Relativism: – truth is relative to persons, times and circumstances
Subjectivism: – only I can know what is true for me
Pragmatism: – truth is what works
- Scepticism: – no one knows or can know what is true
So how do we test for ‘absolute truth’?
With difficulty! Some New Agers might say truth is not a meaningful concept, period. And many argue that absolute truth does not exist, only relative, tentative or culturally defined truth exists. But many will concede that a good test is to observe reality. This is the correspondence theory of truth i.e. the truths we hold actually correspond to the world as it really is. In the words of Cratylus 385 BC:
That speech which says things as they are is true, and that which says them as they are not is false
This test is also acceptable to many Christians and Muslims. So, to test for truth, which could in fact be absolute truth, we will adopt the following premise:
A statement is true if it agrees with reality (knowledge or fact), or is logically correct, or both
- “Light travels faster than sound” is true since it is a scientific fact (it can be measured)
- “6 is less than 7” is true since it is an arithmetic law
- “The Roman Empire existed” is true since it is verified by history
We will use this approach in the following observations of the world – observations of reality. If the Bible says or predicts the same as reality, then we conclude that the Bible is speaking truth. If many observations agree with biblical statements then the case for arguing that the Bible is true is strengthened. For an in-depth study of truth see What is Truth?.
2. Reality – Observations on the World
We will now make five distinct and detailed observations on the world. In fact, these observations are closely related to the fulfilment of end-time prophecies, link. We will see that biblical statements agree extremely well with observations – with reality, and so, on the above perception of truth, the Bible must be speaking TRUTH.
Observation 1: Social Aspects of Reality
1.1 Increased lawlessness
Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold (Mat 24.12)
9/11 was the worst ever act of terrorism.
Recorded annual offences in England and Wales: 1920: 0.1m , 1950: 0.5m , 1980: 2.5m , 2005: 10.8m [HO,BCS].
Total recorded crime in England and Wales in 2009 was about 5,000% above the 1900 level [NCRS].
In 2020, knife crime in England and Wales was at a record high [BBC News]
Aggravated assault per 100,000 people in the USA: 1957: 60 , 1992: 440 [FBI].
For 2000-2009, terrorist attacks against Americans show over 900% increase on 1970-79 levels [infoplease.com].
An estimated 3 million Americans carry a loaded handgun on their person every day [bearingarms.com, 2017]
‘Significant’ terrorist attacks worldwide: 175 in 2003, 655 in 2005 [US government]
Iran is a leading sponsor of terrorism, helping Shia militant groups in the Middle East [Intelbrief, 2019]
1.2 Increased knowledge and travel:
At the end of time many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increaseDaniel 12.4
Over the past 100 years or so we see an amazing increase in knowledge:
In technology: radio, motion pictures, recording, TV, telecommunications, cell phones, electron microscopes, computers, EFTPOS, nuclear power, solar power, fuel injection, planes, ….
In medical science: MRI scans, ultrasound, pacemakers, radiotherapy, IVF, artificial hearts, DNA, organ transplants, vaccines against major killers (typhoid, cholera, polio, smallpox)… The US saw a 14-fold reduction in death from infectious disease over the 20th century [University of Maryland].
In space science: rockets, satellites, spaceships, space stations, radio telescopes. NASA has developed technologies that benefit society in health and medicine, transportation, public safety, consumer goods, environmental and agricultural resources, computer technology and industrial productivity.
Inventions: US Patents: 1900-1920: 25,000 , 1995-1998: 150,000 [University of Maryland].
Annual air travel in the US: 1950: less than 100 miles/person, 1978: 1000 miles/person, 2000: 1500 miles/person.
100 years ago commercial air travel was unheard of; now there are typically 100,000 commercial flights each day!
Worldwide, air travel is projected to grow by 5% annually until 2015 [IPCC]. Aircraft fuel consumption: 130 million tonnes in 1992, increasing to 450 million tonnes by 2050.
Tourism is the world’s largest industry: annual revenue of $500 billion, and is one of the major sources of foreign exchange in 83% of countries.
International tourism: 1950: 25m , 2003: 693m , 2020: 1.6 billion [WTO].
Car ownership in the US (% of population): 1900: 1%, 1997: 91%, 2008: 90%
1.3 World-wide trading:
The merchants of the earth … became richRevelation 18:11-20
Globalisation in terms of international trade probably started with the trading empires of Spain, Portugal, Britain and Holland.
Now telecommunications and the Internet support vigorous international trade.
Export growth in 2002: France: 8% , Germany: 8.8% , Japan: 15% [OECD].
Export growth in China: 500% since 1992 [ideas.repec.org]
Huge trans-national companies go for mega-profits, often at the expense of communities and individuals.
Policies that spawn economic inequality rather than free trade could bring about a global economic crash [Global Policy Forum]. See Revelation 18.
1.4 False Christs:
Many false prophets will arise and will mislead manyMatthew 24:5,11
Over the past 2000 years there have been dozens of people who have claimed to be the prophesied Christ, or a Messiah under the umbrella of Christianity. To name a few:
- Aldebert (8th century)
- of Antwerp (c1110)
- Selassie of Ethiopia (1892-1975)
- Sun Myung Moon (born 1920)
- Cristo (born 1948)
- David Koresh (1959-1993)
1.5 World-wide proclamation of the gospel:
This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world … and then the end will comeMatthew 24:14
Over 4,500 languages still wait for even one book of the Bible to be translated. But parts of the Bible are now available in more than 2,400 languages, covering some 98% of the world’s population. To help cover the remaining languages, in 2012 the Bible Society had more than 500 Bible translation projects under way with the potential to impact more than four billion people.
How is the Bible proclaimed? Besides conventional missionary activity, such as the Gideon Bible ministry to households and hotels, the gospel message is now proclaimed via:
- Local AM and FM radio in towns and cities worldwide
- International shortwave radio e.g. via HCJB and FEBC
- Many satellite platforms carry Christian radio and TV
- The Internet
Result in the Developing World:
During the 20th century there was a dramatic increase in the number of missionaries: 62,000 to over 400,000. Also during this time the number of Christians in Africa, Asia and Latin America increased ten-fold. In 1988 there were 18,000 people groups with insufficient numbers of Christians to remain strong without missionary assistance. This reduced to 1,700 groups by 1998.
Result in the Westernised World:
Anglican and Protestant denominations are stable in UK, Australia and Holland. Four out of five people say thay are affiliated in some way with organised religion (as opposed to no religious belief) [HO].
People are giving their lives to Jesus at nearly 1 million/week. There are now some 2.1 billion Christians in the world. When it comes to broadcasting technology, practically the whole planet is covered by radio or television, either via terrestrial means or via satellite and the Internet. This means the gospel can be proclaimed to over 99% of the world. Couple this with the fact that the Bible is available in whole or in part to some 98% of the world’s population in a language in which they are fluent, then the ‘preaching of the gospel to the whole world’ (Mat 24:14) is almost complete!
[Does this mean nearly everyone has heard the gospel? No. Not everyone has the means to receive radio or TV programs and not everyone has the Internet. So there are still many who haven’t heard the gospel, and in many countries the gospel is actually banned. As of 2011 there were 2.84 billion people still unreached with the gospel [Joshua Project]. In other words, over 40% of the world’s population still needed to hear the gospel.
1.6 Persecution of Christians:
They will lay their hands on you and will persecute youLuke 21:12-19
The 10-40 Window:
Although Christians have been persecuted for 2,000 years, they are now the most persecuted religious group in the world [Focus on the Family]. Some 26 million Christians were martyred during the 20th century – more than the combined total of all previous centuries. Today much of the persecution occurs in the 10-40 window (from West Africa and across Asia) where religious liberty is restricted. Approximately 5.2 billion people in 9,000 distinct people groups live in the 10-40 Window, and 70% of these people groups are considered unreached. This means approximately 60% of the individuals in the 10/40 Window live in an unreached people group, see Joshuaproject. In China, 60-100 million risk their lives and liberty to worship in underground house churches [Focus on the Family].
Sadly, in some of these countries the Church has almost been eliminated as a result of Islamic oppression.
A more subtle form of persecution is now occurring in secular Europe due to EU Equality Directives – which are void of morality. In the UK for example, Christians are losing employment under Equality Law for simply holding to their Christian ethos or for simple, low-profile Christian witness. And in the USA, persecution is growing via the media, entertainment industry, educational authorities, and even the police.
- 1998: 500 Christian churches burned down in Java.
- 2000: 800 homes and stores owned by Christians destroyed in Poso, Central Sulawesi.
- 2005: 175,000 Christians were martyred worldwide [Int. Journal of Missionary Research].
- 2008: 200 million Christians worldwide in danger of being tortured, persecuted, or killed [Idea, EA].
- 2010: Nigerian Christians suffered terror from Muslim extremists. Whole village massacred
- 2016: ISIS released a video depicting the executions of 16 Ethiopian Christians [counterextremism.com]
- 2017: A total of 99 Egyptian Christians were killed by extremist groups [Guardian]
Bible prophecy accurately describes our end-time society.
It describes reality – the Bible is speaking truth
Observation 2: World Environment Aspects of Reality
The Bible gives an accurate (true) picture of environmental and climatic conditions at the end of this age (see also Is God Changing Our Climate?):
2.1 Increased Pollution:
The earth is also polluted by its inhabitantsIsaiah 24:5
The above image shows worldwide carbon monoxide pollution (in 2004, fires in Alaska caused increased pollution in the northern hemisphere). Besides burning, air pollution arises from power plants, heavy industry and vehicles. Other satellite sensors show high distributions of nitrogen dioxide over N. America, Europe, China, S.E. Asia and Africa [ESA]. In the UK, carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxide emissions from 30 million vehicles is a major problem. Air pollution fatalities now exceed traffic fatalities 3:1 [Earth Policy Institute]. The view from space is becoming marred by smoke and dust [NASA]. Mercury pollution (from coal-fired power stations is a huge threat to health [UN].
1984: the Bhopal disaster in India was the world’s worst chemical disaster. Today in Bhopal, more than 100,000 people remain chronically ill.
1986: an area some 80 km x 80 km around the Chernobyl nuclear plant is still an exclusion zone due to soil pollution by Caesium 137.
2011: contamination from the Fukushima nuclear disaster affected an area nearly as big as Cyprus and included some 6,500 villages. Water samples from the Western Pacific region show radioactive Caesium 137 and 134, as well as Strontium 90. In 2018, North Pacific ocean fishermen from Japan and the USA reported a cataclysmic collapse of Pacific Salmon. In fact, all forms of ocean life were dying in the North Pacific. Environmentalists blamed it on pollution from Fukushima.
2.2 Increased Temperature:
The inhabitants of the earth are burned … men were scorched with fierce heat (Isa 24:6, Rev 16:8-9,21)
Climate change is the most severe problem that we are facing today [Sir David King, UK Government Chief Scientific Adviser]
This UK climate statement is based upon disputed IPCC data and many scientists across the world hold a different view. They maintain climate change is largely due to natural causes e.g. variations in solar irradiance, see Views on Climate Change. Whatever the cause, the fact remains that over the last century and into the 21st century the climate has changed significantly:
- Global warming amounted to 0.8°C over the past century [NASA]
- In 2019, the global surface temperature was 1 degree C warmer than the 20th century average. 2019 was the second warmest year on Earth since 1850 [Berkeley Earth]
- The 10 warmest years on record have all occurred since 1998, and 9 of the 10 have occurred since 2005. 2019 was among the top three warmest years on record [CLIMATE.GOV]
2.3 Increased Storm Activity:
There will be … dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the wavesLuke 21:5
The Greek term translated “waves” really does mean ocean waves! It is a common understanding that increased temperature brings increased storm severity due to increased energy from warmer seas [RealClimate].
Since the 1970’s there has been a marked increase in the intensity and duration of tropical storms, including North American hurricanes. The number of category 4 and 5 hurricanes has nearly doubled since 1970 [MIT]. According to NOAA, the global proportion of tropical cyclones that reach very intense (Category 4 and 5) levels will likely increase due to anthropogenic warming over the 21st century.
2.4 Increased Drought:
The earth mourns and withers, the world fades and withersIsaiah 24:1-4
The area of the earth’s surface affected by drought has more than doubled since the 1970’s [Nat. Geographic].
Lake Chad in Africa has shrunk to 5% of its size in the 1960’s [Nat. Geographic]
Partly due to over-exploitation of groundwater, water tables are falling on every continent: 1.5m/yr in China, 1-3m/yr in India.
New wells for Beijing now have to reach 1,000 meters [Executive Intelligence Review].
Two out of every three people will be short of water by 2025 [WWI & Tearfund].
Increased aridity may be an natural response to climate warming [The Earth Institute].
Bible prophecy accurately describes today’s environment.
It describes reality – the Bible is speaking truth
Observation 3: World Government
The Old Testament of the Bible mentions four specific empires that would reign over Israel (Dan 7:1-8). These are the historic Babylonian, Persian, Greek and Roman empires. But note that the fourth empire is also in existence at the end of this age (Dan 2:34,44)!
The New Testament confirms this by referring to seven major empires or kingdoms (Rev 17:10). These can be identified as the Egyptian, Assyrian, Babylonian, Persian, Greek and Roman empires, with one empire to come. Taken with Daniel 2, this suggests the one to come must be a revived form of the historic Roman Empire. Moreover, this final world empire will be in alliance with ten other world regional authorities (Rev 17:12-13) and will probably embrace a corrupt church (Rev 17). As an expansion of historic Rome, this final empire will be brutal and powerful, devouring and crushing the whole world (Dan 7:23).
A Roman revival and ‘Christianised’ empire has been at the heart of Europe’s leaders and aristocracy for well over 1,000 years. Constantine I ‘Christianised’ the Roman Empire in 313 AD. Charlemange was crowned ‘Emperor of the Romans’ in 800 AD; Otto the Great was crowned ‘Holy Roman Emperor in 962 AD; Emperor Charles V (1519-1556) pursued the concept of a unified Christian Empire, and Mussolini declared the resurrection of the old Roman Empire in 1936. Today, noble European families (such as the Habsburgs) see a future Holy Roman Empire, and the European Union (EU) has many of the characteristics of a ‘revived Roman Empire’:
- The EU flag (12 gold stars on a blue background) was inspired by the halo of stars around pictures of the Virgin Mary in Strasbourg Cathedral
- The EU essentially embraces the geographic region of the historic Roman Empire
- The EU uses the ‘Europa and the bull’ symbol – which correlates well with the ‘woman on the beast’ in Rev 17
- The EU Parliament building in Strasbourg is modelled on the unfinished tower of Babel in Gen 11
- The EU Constitution is essentially pagan (as was Rome), with the word ‘God’ omitted
- The EU has progressively removed power from member governments and EU law is now dominant in many areas of life
- The EU Maastricht Treaty forced all citizens of member countries to become citizens of the EU (with consequent obligations)
- The EU is creating a 60,000 strong European army, independent of NATO. This is co-ordinated by the European Defence Agency based in Brussels
- The EU is emerging as a powerful trading block to rival America. It will have its own space programme and satellites (the Galileo Project)
- The EU probably has computer systems to monitor and control every individual in Europe
- The EU identifies ten world regions, from North America to Australia and the Pacific. The EU and the USA established diplomatic relations as early as 1953, and the EU and Australia formed a Partnership Framework in 2008.
- The EU is part of the New World Order planned under the World Economic Forum, Davos
One of the most interesting prophecies is found in the book of Daniel:
They will combine with one another … but they will not adhere to one another, even as iron does not combine with clayDaniel 2:43
This refers to the divisions within the final world empire; the iron makes it strong and crushing, but the clay makes it brittle and weak. It is a good picture of the EU! Whilst member states combine, they certainly do not adhere, and according to the prophecy, they will never adhere.
The strength is seen in another prophecy referring to a world dictatorship:
… and authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to himRevelation 13:7
Note that the end-time world empire will “crush the whole world” (Dan 7:23). Democracy will be a thing of the past. It is interesting to observe that the EU is removing democracy and imposing law generated by unelected Commissioners. The European Parliament has voted for a system of corpus juris that does away with the more democratic system of habeas corpus, jury trials and the presumption of innocence in criminal cases. Continental law allows citizens to be imprisoned for long periods without the need to produce evidence! [EuroFAQ].
The world is looking for a ‘New World Order (NWO)’ or ‘One World Government’. Leaders such as Winston Churchill, Jimmy Carter, Gorbachev, George Bush, and George W. Bush have all called for a New World Order. Even the World Council of Churches is looking for “an international order of justice and peace”. The EU could be the seed for this final world empire, as it forms an alliance with other world governments. The NWO global agenda has been named the “Great Reset” and falls under the World Economic Forum. More at World Government.
3.1 An Apostate World Church:
The book of Revelation points to both a World Government (Rev 18) and a World Church (Revelation 17). Initially at least, the secular World Government will be controlled by the World Church and this is symbolised by a woman riding a beast (Rev 17:3). Detailed study suggests that this apostate church is headed by the Vatican.
Bible prophecy accurately describes today’s political scenario.
It describes reality – the Bible is speaking truth
Observation 4: Electronic ID for Trading
Cards: Cashless transactions via magnetic-stripe cards were introduced in the 1980’s. This period saw the development of debit-card-based transactions using electronic funds transfer (at) point of sale (EFTPOS). Even then it was foreseen that smart cards with chip technology would replace the simple magnetic-stripe card. Today ‘chip and PIN’ cards are used in the UK.
Biometrics: Cards can be lost or stolen and a way of avoiding this is to link a person’s identity to their physical characteristics (Biometrics). A favoured technique is fingerprint identification, but other biometric techniques are facial recognition, hand recognition, and iris recognition. Biometric iris recognition is becoming widespread and measures the physical iris patterns unique to a person. Today, biometric techniques are common at airports. See International Biometrics Group. But biometric techniques are not 100% accurate. Clearly, a method of identifying each person by number, possibly backed up by biometrics, seems less prone to error.
RFID: A seemingly attractive trading system would be to number each individual and then detect their number remotely when automatic payment is required. Current technology uses Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) chips.
These low-cost chips (the size of a grain of rice) are used to tag animals, but they could also be embedded in people. A scanner energises the chip, which then returns a radio signal containing the person’s ID number, which in turn is fed to a computer database. An early example of this technology was ‘VeriChip’ (Applied Digital Solutions). Its marketing was discontinued in 2010, possibly for privacy, health and social reasons (the ability to remotely scan personal data could be a security risk). The most suitable location on a human being would the hand or forehead. Clearly, this technology is only a short step from the technology described in Revelation:
And he [the Antichrist] causes all … to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead … and no one will be able to buy or sell, except the one who has the mark …Revelation 13:16-17
Note: A passive UHF RFID tag is now available in the form of a transfer patch (like a tattoo) which mounts directly onto the skin, link. This technology aligns with the biblical mark on the hand or forehead!
Bible prophecy predicts electronic ID for trading.
It describes reality – the Bible is speaking truth
Observation 5: Israel
By 586 BC the whole of the nation of Israel (all twelve tribes) had been exiled and scattered amongst the nations (see also Israel). But the Bible predicts that one day Israel will return to her promised land:
- In the last days, Israel will be gathered from many nations, from the north, south, east and west (Isa 43:6)(Ps 107:3)
- Israel will be placed in her own land (Ezek 37:12,14)
- Jerusalem will be placed under Jewish rule (Lk 21:24)
This has been born out in recent history:
1882: first wave of emigration (first ‘Aliyah or ascent) to Palestine, particularly from Russia and Romania
1917: General Allenby liberated Jerusalem from the Turks, giving Jews access to the city
1948: State of Israel established, David Ben Gurion became the first Prime Minister
1950: Law of return passed by Israel’s Parliament – opening Israel to Jews from over 60 countries
1967: All of Jerusalem came under Jewish rule
5.1 Israel’s Total Population:
1914: 0.7m, 1931: 1.0m, 1947: 2.0m, 1967: 2.8m, 2005: 7.0m, 2020: 9.2m
That’s a 1200 percent increase since 1914! In contrast the UK population increased by less than 50 percent over the same period. God is drawing His people home to their covenant land!
The Bible also predicts that:
- Israel will have increasing wealth and prosperity (Isa 60:5,17)
- Israel will blossom and sprout and fill the whole world with fruit (Isa 27:6)
- Israel will have God’s protection (Isa 54:15-17)(Zech 2:5,8)
This too has been born out in recent history:
Between 1958 and 1965 Israel’s mean annual growth rate reached 13.6%. Today, Israel is particularly advanced in hi-tech industries such as computer science, electronics, genetics, medicine, optics and solar energy. She mines natural gas, potash, magnesium, copper, gold and phosphates. In terms of infrastructure, she has highly developed banking, health, and University systems. Between 1990 and 2000 Israel’s forest area increased by +61%, compared to a world change of -2% [Earth Trends 2003]. Israel’s agriculture produces apples, pears, peaches, apricots, bananas, mangoes, dates, olives, grapes etc., and produced 571,000 tons of fruit in 1997.
And it is well known that Israel has a powerful, technically advanced defence force. In May 1967 the armies of Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon (with Iraq as collaborator) declared the end of Israel. Israel defeated them in 6 days with inferior aircraft and tanks. Major attacks on Israel (1948, 1967) ended with Israel gaining more land.
Finally, it is also well known that Israel is hated by her neighbours:
The battle has come in which we shall destroy Israel [President of Egypt, 1967]
Our goal is clear – to wipe Israel off the map [President of Iraq, 1967]
Israel should be eliminated from the pages of history [President of Iran, 2006]
Israel is a cancerous tumour that should be cut and will be cut [Ayatollah Khamenei, 2012]
You [Zionist regime] will not see 25 years from today! [Ayatollah Khamenei, 2015]
The Bible also predicts this hatred:
I will gather all the nations against JerusalemZechariah 14:2 (see also Psalm 83)
Bible prophecy predicts Israel’s restoration in the last days.
It describes reality – the Bible is speaking truth
Conclusion: The Bible and Reality Agree
At the end of the age the Bible predicts exactly what we observe:
- Increased lawlessness
- Increased knowledge and travel
- Worldwide trading (globalisation)
- Worldwide proclamation of the gospel
- Worldwide persecution of Christians
- A polluted world – polluted by man
- Extreme weather events
- A world government and a revived Roman Empire
- An apostate and political World church
- Electronic trading via an ID linked to individuals
- The regathering and blossoming of Israel
A Little Mathematics
We see all this before our eyes – it is reality. Let’s assume the probability of each of these scenarios occurring today is just 1 in 10 i.e. we just happen to have a world government forming today and it just happens to be the time for worldwide proclamation of the gospel. And assume these events are independent of each other i.e. global travel increase is not related to the persecution of Christians. Then the probability of all eleven scenarios occurring at once, today, is 1 in 100,000,000,000 – pretty remote. But that is precisely what we have! Either the world has hit upon a very rare combination of events by chance, or God is in control and has ordained these things and warned man through Bible prophecy. Following through the logic:
TRUTH = REALITY – WHAT IS OBSERVED
BIBLE PROPHECY PREDICTS WHAT IS OBSERVED
SO THE BIBLE SPEAKS TRUTH
Trust in the one who loves you and knows you – Jesus Christ
Jesus said: “My peace I give to you – don’t be troubled or fearful” (John 14:27)
See Steps you should take